Thank you Lara Casey, and the Making Things Happen Community, for continuously inspiring me and pushing me to be the best business person, wife, mother and friend possible.
Lara posted the Goal Setting + Making Things Happen in 2013: Part 1 challenge on her blog. I encourage everyone to take the challenge!
STEP ONE: Let’s take a look back at what worked in 2012.
Make your list of things you made happen in 2012 and things you are grateful for…
- My husband and his unconditional love and support. He makes my happiness a priority and I’m blessed beyond measure to have him in my life.
- Obviously, my second MTH workshop in Atlanta. I treasure the friendships I have made. And adore the MTH community.
- My children. They have brought true meaning to my life and inspire me to be the best person and role model possible.
- North Point Community Church. We found our church home and it’s been a life changing experience.
- Our home, provisions, and health.
- Work flexibility, which allows me to be home for my children.
- My parents and in-laws who provide lots of support to my family.
- Declined or postponed work when time did not permit I give 100% of myself to a project.
STEP TWO: What didn’t work?
In business and life, what didn’t work well to help you live your best life this year and what needs improvement?
- Pricing the first 6 months of the year did not work.
- Office hours were not enforced. Spent a lot of evening hours away from my family to catch up on work.
- Took on too much work, frequently.
- Did not dedicate enough time to hobbies I enjoy; painting, drawing, reading, running.
- Did not consistently make the gym a priority.
- Majorly disappointed that we had to postpone a mission trip due to several reasons
- Did not spend enough time with friends.
- Budgeting needs improvement.
STEP THREE: What fires you up?
Painting – DIY projects – Making Things Happen Community – Drawing – Graphic Design – Client Meetings – Lauren working hard at school – Philanthropy – Watching my boys practice karate – A good run – Stationery – Date Nights – Good Food – Consulting – Organization – A clean house – Green grass in our backyard, finally – Downtown Roswell – Flowers – Spring – Family Movie Nights – Cooking – Marketing Plans – Happy Clients – Branding Projects – Interior design(to be continued)
*graphic above courtesy of LaraCasey.com.